ABOUT GREEN BROWARD
Green Broward is a local initiative in Broward County by Waste Management Inc. of Florida to engage and educate the community on sustainability efforts and to help Broward County to Think Green and Think Broward. We care about our community, and the planet, and feel a responsibility to leave it to future generations in better shape than we were given.
That’s why the Green Broward program will highlight ways to recycle right, offer opportunities for the community to get involved in sustainability efforts, and serve as an informational hub on the ways Waste Management Thinks Green.
Check back here regularly for helpful tips on staying green, the latest news on Waste Management and its partnerships in the community, and to learn about other important initiatives happening in Broward County that are moving us towards a greener future.
You can also learn more about sustainability in general by visiting the latest Waste Management Sustainability Report: http://sustainability.wm.com/
WASTE MANAGEMENT IN BROWARD COUNTY
Waste Management and its 639 employees in Broward County are committed to providing safe, reliable and professional waste and recycling services while protecting our environment.
In Broward County, we own and operate:
- Two recycling centers – WM Reuter Recycling in Pembroke Pines and WM Recycling Deerfield Beach – which together recycle more than 250,000 tons of material each year.
- Three Construction & Demolition Recycling facilities
- Monarch Hill Landfill and its landfill gas-to-energy plant that powers more than 10,000 homes in Broward County from a renewable source
- The WM Clean ‘N Green compressed natural gas (CNG) public fueling station in Pompano Beach for commercial fleet vehicles to access cleaner burning fuel
- The WM CNG truck fleet of 130 vehicles serving our communities with clean burning natural gas